We are seeking two volunteers (ideally one male and one female) for our youth/young adult social club! This is an ideal opportunity for students or those seeking a casual (and fun!) commitment. The program runs two Saturdays (or the occasional Friday) per month, September through June. The ideal candidates for this position must:
* Be 16 years of age or over
* Have strong interpersonal skills
* Be capable of initiating activities with youth
* Be interested in engaging in youth-led activities
* Have strong problem solving skills, ability to address issues on the spot
* Be willing to have fun!
Our social clubs are an opportunity for youth to engage with their peers in a fun, informal, social setting. This position offers the chance to build work experience while having fun! Volunteers have the opportunity to: build skills working with persons who happen to have an intellectual disability; develop interpersonal skills and the ability to engage youth; work in a team; and be an active mentor to people with Down syndrome. Please note that background checks may be required.
For more information, please contact: