We are looking for volunteers to join our social clubs! We have had many wonderful women join the clubs in years past, but the young men in our club are also in need of male role models; interested males are especially encouraged to inquire. Though please know that everyone is welcome to inquire/apply for this opportunity!
Volunteers are a critical support to the clubs. As a non-profit organization, the MDSS runs on limited resources. Volunteers enhance our programming by increasing the capacity of the clubs, providing greater opportunities for diverse activities and increasing potential for building strong relationships with youth.
Some of the roles volunteers may engage in include:
- Directly engaging youth in pre-determined and/or spontaneous activities
- Initiating activities with the youth and encouraging youth to interact with one another
- Supporting staff in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Offering ideas to enhance club programs and activities
- Assisting with snack (distributing, assisting youth with needs, or clean-up of snack)
- And more!
Clubs gather twice a month 7-9pm, usually Saturdays but some Fridays may be required. We are hoping to find volunteers who can join for the September 2017-June 2018 term. Recent criminal record checks, plus adult and child abuse registry checks are required. Reimbursement may be available.
Please direct all questions, applications, or comments to Brandy at email@example.com