Manitoba Down Syndrome Society IS HIRING STAFF FOR OUR SOCIAL CLUB!
The MDSS social club provides opportunities for our young people to engage with their peers in a fun, informal, social setting. The staff position is a wonderful opportunity to build experience working with individuals who happen to have a disability.
MDSS is seeking staff for our 2023 – 2024 social club. This is a PAID position that runs September through June, generally two Saturdays (or the occasional Friday) per month. Payment is $75/shift, with shifts running from approximately 6:15 pm to 9:45 pm.
There is also an opportunity for one staff to be the Program Coordinator alongside an MDSS board member. There will be an honorarium of $25.00 per month to the candidate who takes on this job.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be capable of organizing activities, including on-site activities or outings along with other staff and volunteers
- Be capable of supervising approximately 20 youth
- Have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address issues on the spot
- Provide clear background checks
- Be willing to have fun!
Please provide a letter of application outlining your strengths in regard to this position, along with a resume which includes two references.
For more information and to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-992-2731.